As we know that the EVs are the future of world. Indian Government providing the discount/Subsidy on Electric Vehicles i.e. for car, bike, scooter and commercial vehicles in India. The Cost of Electric vehicle is biggest problem in India to make it ease the Indian Government are offering discount/subsidy on all electric vehicles either it is car, bike scooter or any commercial vehicles in India. The discount on electric vehicles are various from state to state and its depends on state Government. below are the state-wise EV subsidies list. you can refer to this list, if you are planning to buy an electric car/bike.
- Discount/Subsidies Electric Car Offers By State Government
- Discount/Subsidies Electric scooter and bikes Offers By State Government
- What is a FAME discount/subsidy?
- What is FAME II (FAME 2) discount/subsidy?
- What is Requirements for FAME II?
- How does the FAME subsidy work?
- Lists of Electric Cars and Four wheelers Eligible for Subsidy
- List of Charging Station in India
- Some Reference Articles
- Some Helpline Number and Email Id
- Frequently asked questions
Discount/Subsidies Electric Car Offers By State Government
Below are the state-wise discount/subsidies offers by state Government. The incentives may vary from one state to another. The below are the lists the state-wise government discount for electric cars.
Bihar and Punjab: The policy is yet to be approved.
Discount/Subsidies Electric scooter and bikes Offers By State Government
Similar like Electric cars State Government are providing discount/subsidies on electric two-wheelers. Please find below the list of discount/subsidy offers by state government on electric two-wheelers i.e. electric scooter subsidy and electric bike. It varies by state to state.
|State||Subsidy (Per kWh)||Maximum subsidy||Discount on road tax|
|Maharashtra||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 25,000||100%|
|Meghalaya||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 20,000||100%|
|Gujarat||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 20,000||50%|
|Assam||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 20,000||100%|
|Bihar||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 20,000||100%|
|West Bengal||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 20,000||100%|
|Rajasthan||Rs. 2,500||Rs. 10,000||NA|
Bihar and Punjab: The policy is yet to be approved.
What is a FAME discount/subsidy?
FAME or Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India is an incentive scheme for electric vehicles launched by the India Government India. Fame India Scheme 2022 was launched by India government keeping in mind the pollution which was happening due to the vehicles which are operated through diesel and petrol. The incentive scheme for electric vehicles was launched under National Mission on Electric Mobility 2011/National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 and was unveiled in 2013. Below are some key features of this subsidy/discount scheme.
- The 1st phase of the FAME I scheme was initially approved for two years, starting from April 1, 2015.
- After then, the EV subsidy scheme was extended from time to time. The last extension of the 1st phase of FAME was up to March 31, 2019.
- The FAME scheme works on Demand Incentive Disbursement Mechanism. The EV subsidy amount for each vehicle category is already determined based on the technology and battery specifications.
What is FAME II (FAME 2) discount/subsidy?
FAME II is t the second phase of the Electric Vehicle subsidy scheme. It was launched on April 1, 2019. The government introduced the incentive program with an outlay of Rs. 10,000 crores for three years, beginning from April 2019. Below are the important point of FAME II.
- It supporting 7,000 e-buses, 5 lakh electric 3-wheelers, 55,000 electric cars and 10 lakh electric 2-wheelers.
- This EV subsidy scheme has been further extended till March 2024.
- Important for FAME II scheme is increased subsidy for electric two-wheelers.
- The incentive in two-wheeler EVs stood at Rs. 10,000 per kWh was initially.It has been increased by 50% and stands at Rs. 15,000 per kWh for now
- The cap on subsidy has been increased from 20% to 40% of the vehicle’s cost.
- The subsidy remains to be the same, Rs. 10,000 per kWh for four-wheeler EVs.
- The max incentive amount for an electric car stands at Rs. 1.5 lakhs.
What is Requirements for FAME II?
As we know that Electric cars and electric two-wheelers are eligible for the FAME 2 subsidy.
- Electric cars are eligible for the subsidy. It means EV four-wheelers costing over Rs. 15 lakhs are not eligible for any discount and subsidy.
- The eligibility criteria for this scheme is a minimum range of 80 km and a minimum top-speed of 40 km/h for battery-powered two-wheelers.
- FAME II subsidy scheme for Electric two-wheelers under Rs. 1.5 lakhs are eligible.
How does the FAME subsidy work?
Below are the process the FAME discount/subsidy work.
- First need to purchase an electric vehicle that is eligible for the FAME subsidy.
- The OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) should register for the FAME scheme to offer the incentive. If not i.e. a non-register OEM cannot provide you with the subsidy.
- The dealer will say final price post deduction of the subsidy amount ,when you purchasing electric vehicle, . For example, if the price of an EV is Rs. 2 lakh and the subsidy is Rs. 60,000 than dealer may say a cost of Rs. 1,40,000.
- The dealer will forward the purchase details to the OEM after the purchase is completed.
- The OEM will forward the purchase details to the National Automotive Board (NAB) that take care of the subsidy scheme.
- After Post verification the incentive is credited to the OEM than the OEM will credit the subsidy amount to the dealer.
Lists of Electric Cars and Four wheelers Eligible for Subsidy
|OEM Name||EV Model Name||EV Types||Incentive Amount|
|Mahindra e-Supro Cargo Van||Four Wheeler||187000|
|Mahindra E-Supro||Four Wheeler||124000|
|e-VERITO D2||Four Wheeler||138000|
|MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA LTD||e-VERITO D4||Four Wheeler||138000|
|e-VERITO D6||Four Wheeler||138000|
|e-VERITO C2||Four Wheeler||138000|
|e-VERITO C4||Four Wheeler||138000|
|e-VERITO C6||Four Wheeler||138000|
|MAHINDRA REVA ELECTRIC VEHICLES PRIVATE LIMITED||E2O T2 – 48V Li-on Winston 450 Amp||Four Wheeler||124000|
|E2O T1 -72V Li-ion ATL 550 Amp||Four Wheeler||124000|
|E2O T6 – 48V Li -ion CALB 450 AMP||Four Wheeler||124000|
|e2o Plus P4||Four Wheeler||124000|
|e2o Plus P2||Four Wheeler||124000|
|e2o Plus P6||Four Wheeler||124000|
|e2o Plus P8||Four Wheeler||124000|
|Maruti Suzuki India Ltd||Maruti Ciaz Diesel SHVS Std.||Four Wheeler||13000|
|MARUTI ERTIGA LDI SHVS||Four Wheeler||13000|
|TATA TIGOR EV||Four Wheeler||124000|
|Tata Motors Ltd||TATA TIGOR EV – XM||Four Wheeler||124000|
|TATA TIGOR EV – XE||Four Wheeler||124000|
|TATA TIGOR EV – XT||Four Wheeler||124000|
|Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd||TOYOTA CAMRY HYBRID||Four Wheeler||70000|
|VOLVO INDIA PVT. LTD||Volvo 8400 B5RLEH 4×2||Four Wheeler||6100000|
List of Charging Station in India
Government of India has installed 350 New Charging Stations Installed. Also In order to promote electric vehicles in India, the government has launched the Fame India scheme. As described above about this scheme, the subsidy is provided on the purchase of new electric vehicles. The government has installed 350 new charging stations under the second phase of the Fame India scheme. These stations are installed in cities like Chandigarh, Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow, and Bangalore. Also in future Government of India has announced that infrastructure for 520 charging stations has been sanctioned at a cost of Rs.43.4 crores under the first phase of this scheme. A total of 2877 charging stations are being built in 68 cities throughout the country under the second phase of the Fame India scheme.
Below are the charging station details.
|Name of the city||Number of electric stations|
Some Helpline Number and Email Id
Government of India Helpline Number and Email Id regarding electric vehicles.
- Email Id- email@example.com
- Helpline Number- 011- 23063633, 23061854, 23063733
Some Reference Articles
THE CHEAPEST AND BUDGET ELECTRIC CARS (EV) IN INDIA
In Recent time, Electric Vehicles are gaining a lot of attention because of various reasons. The most important reason for this is Eco and Environment friendly. As we know the price for EVs motor slightly higher as compared to Petrol and diesel Vehicle but EVs features and specification are the best. You can find affordable and budget electric cars in any categories whether searching for hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs (Sport Utility Vehicle) or MPVs (Multi-Purpose Vehicle). Please go through below the list of the cheapest and affordable electric cars (EV) in India. Click Here to Read more THE CHEAPEST AND BUDGET ELECTRIC CARS (EV) IN INDIA
UPCOMING ELECTRIC CARS IN INDIA – 2022 & 2023
Some upcoming electric cars in future in India Click here to read more list of upcoming electric cars in India
THE CHEAPEST AND BUDGET ELECTRIC CARS (EV) IN INDIA
In Recent time, Electric Vehicles are gaining a lot of attention because of various reasons. The most important reason for this is Eco and Environment friendly. As we know the price for EVs motor slightly higher as compared to Petrol and diesel Vehicle but EVs features and specification are the best. You can find affordable and budget electric cars in any categories whether searching for hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs (Sport Utility Vehicle) or MPVs (Multi-Purpose Vehicle). Please go through below the list of the cheapest and affordable electric cars (EV) in India. Click here to read more THE CHEAPEST AND BUDGET ELECTRIC CARS (EV) IN INDIA
UPCOMING TATA ELECTRIC CARS (EV) IN INDIA
As we know Tata motors is trying to make an electric vehicle as in general use in the country and also it has recently announced the Electric Vehicles subsidiary. Also in next Five years Tata motors are going to launch many Electric cars like Tata Altroz, Tata Punch, Tata Sierra etc. In these Electric cars some are Hatchbacks and some SUVs cars. The expected price is also not too high and which can be easily affordable by the people who are looking for new vechicle. The Tata has promises of offering 10 Electric cars by 2025. Click Here to read more UPCOMING TATA ELECTRIC CARS (EV) IN INDIA
UPCOMING MAHINDRA ELECTRIC CARS (EV) IN INDIA -2022 & 2023
In Future Mahindra going to launch various Electric cars. The best part of Mahindra cars are that it is going to be available in affordable price. Mahindra aims is all set to give India best electric cars in coming Year i.e. 2022 onwards. Previously Mahindra had already launched Electric car i.e. Mahindra eVerito, which is Budget car. Mahindra eVerito already impressed people with its features and driving range. It is also expected that upcoming Mahindra electric cars will be SUVs and it will come in various categories like compact SUV, mid-size SUV and SUV coupe. Read on as we bring you the list of upcoming Mahindra electric cars in India. click here to read more UPCOMING MAHINDRA ELECTRIC CARS (EV) IN INDIA
TOP 8 ELECTRIC CARS WITH LONGEST RANGE IN INDIA
An EV is a shortened acronym for an electric vehicle. EVs are vehicles that are either partially or fully powered on electric power. Electric vehicles have low running costs as they have less moving parts for maintaining and also very environmentally friendly as they use little or no fossil fuels (petrol or diesel). Click Here to read more ELECTRIC CARS WITH LONGEST RANGE IN INDIA
Frequently asked questions
some of the most frequently asked questions related to subsidies on electric vehicles in India.
Is there subsidy for electric cars?
Karnataka is offering no direct subsidy to EV owners but state is offering full exemption from road tax and registration fees for electric vehicles.
Is there any subsidy on Tata Nexon EV?
You can get subsidy on the Nexon EV get up to Rs 2.5 lakh off (Rs 1.5 lakh as subsidy and Rs 1 lakh for early bird incentive).
Do we get subsidy on electric scooter in India?
Subsidy on Electric scooter and car given in India by the central government. A direct incentive of Rs 10,000 per kWh of battery capacity on four-wheelers or electric cars and up to Rs 13,000 per e4W.
Are electric cars tax free in India?
Under section 80EEB, a total tax exemption of up Rs 1,50,000 can be availed when paying off the EV loan. Also tax exemption is available for both 4-wheeler and 2-wheeler EV purchases.